If I am right it’s a heart of IOT projects “Raspberry Pi”. Let’s see how you can connect to raspberry pi via ssh. Raspberry Pi is a credit card size computer. Which required only 5v DC power to run, you can also use the phone charger to run this.
I have installed raspberry pi 3.0 in my home to install pinhole and acting as a DNS server for my home network. In order to access this device, I am using ssh.
Let me walk you through how I am doing this. Follow these easy instructions to connect to the raspberry pi
- Power up raspberry pi and connect to monitor using HDMI and also connect to the keyboard.
- Once pi up and running
- Go to the –>Menu–>Preferences–>Raspberry pi configuration
- Click on this option which will open the configuration window
- Now select the interface tab which will show you a list of options to enable/disable
- Enable SSH and close the window
- Now go to the Pi terminal and type “ifconfig” command to know the IP address of your raspberry pi. Note down the IP Address to connect using SSH.
- Now jump to your client machine and open “putty“
- Enter the IP address of pi
- Default username: pi
- Default password: raspberry
- that’s all you should be able to connect the raspberry pi using and see the welcome screen with pi@pi~$.
If you find this useful or facing any issue while connecting to your raspberry pi. Feel free to provide your comments and concerns in the below comments section.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ title=”1″ description=”1″]