Python is a general-purpose object-oriented programming language with high-level programming capabilities. it’s widely used due to its elegant syntax, portability and easy to learn, maybe in the future it will be the most useable programming language due to its importance in Artificial intelligence and Robotics. Also, python can be used in websites back-end, YouTube is one of the most famous websites that have a python back-end, it’s also one of the official languages used in google search engine.
Python Version History
Currently, PSF (python software foundation) supports two versions,
- Python 2.x
- Python 3.x
Python 2.0 was released in October 2000 and includes a large number of features. PSF continues to support version Python 2 because a large body of existing code could not be forward ported to Python 3. So, they will support Python 2 until 2020.
Python 3.0 was released on December 3rd, 2008. It was designed to rectify certain flaws in the earlier version. This version is not completely backward-compatible with previous versions. However, many of its major features have since been back-ported to the Python 2.6.x and 2.7.x version series. Releases of Python 3 include 2 to 3 utilities to facilitate the automation of translation of Python 2 code to Python 3.
Advantages of Python
- It has good syntax, makes your work with it easily.
- It’s an open source language which means that it is free, you can download and use.
- it with all its features for free.
- Can work with it different operating systems
- Have many libraries to help its user to make a different type of projects as image processing, scraping with much ease.
- Much easy to make working code program with it.
- It is from the most important programming languages in AI and Machine Learning.
Python Programming language Features
- Python is an interpreter-based language, which allows execution of one instruction at a time.
- Extensive basic data types are supported e.g. numbers (floating point, complex, and unlimited-length long integers), strings (both ASCII and Unicode), lists, and dictionaries.
- Variables can be strongly typed as well as dynamic typed.
- Supports object-oriented programming concepts such as class, inheritance, objects, module, namespace, etc.
- Cleaner exception handling support.
- Supports automatic memory management.
There are multiple articles on Python tutorials are in the queue, and will be published soon on Beetechnical.com. So, Don’t forget to subscribe.