Cyber Security is a growing concern for businesses due to the widespread adoption of the internet and online practices in all spheres. One statistic shows that ransomware will be a growing problem in 2022.
Every 11 seconds, a new company will fall prey to ransomware. KSN (Kaspersky Security Network) reports that India saw a 37% increase in cyber-attacks in 2020.
This must have sparked your desire to be a cyber security specialist. Let’s look at a typical Cyber Security Expert Salary in India and who it is.
What is Cyber Security?
Cybersecurity protects information systems, data, and assets, while physical security protects buildings and objects. Cybersecurity refers to the protection of servers, computers, electronic systems, and mobile devices from malicious electronic attacks.
It is used to protect assets against malicious codes and logins. It can be applied in many contexts, including mobile computing and businesses.
Different Types of Cyber Threats
As the name suggests, network security prevents malicious or unauthorized individuals from accessing the network. This is necessary to maintain a company’s integrity and dependability.
You must monitor all traffic, both incoming and outgoing. You should also have all the software required to protect against cyberattacks, such as firewalls and anti-virus.
IT companies are looking to reduce operational costs, and moving data from on-premises to the cloud is becoming more common. The internet is now the preferred method of connecting users, as they are no longer connected via traditional secure stacks.
This exposes them to hackers. You will need to ensure that both the cloud provider and the consumer are secure. Also, it would help if you had control over IAM users. Cloud providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure have the resources to provide you with secure infrastructure to meet your business needs.
Every application that you release to the market is vulnerable to cybercrime because it will be in contact with many stakeholders. This can lead to network amplification.
You must ensure that the data stored on your application database is secure from anyone who may have access to it. You should use several tools and methods to allow controlled access to your app’s data and API. You should secure your app during development and deployment.
Cyber Security Salary in India
Your remuneration package will increase if you have more experience. If you are new to the industry, it is important to have realistic expectations. Let’s take a look at the average salary of an Indian Cyber Security Engineer based on their years in the field.
Cyber Security Expert Salary in India Based on Experience
A Cybersecurity engineer with less than one year of experience can expect an average annual income of Rs. 253,702. (which includes tips and bonuses as well as overtime pay).
- An early career cyber security engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average annual salary of 307,034
- A mid-career cyber security engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average annual salary of Rs 540,361
- An average Cyber Security Engineer with between 10 and 19 years of experience makes Rs 829,081.
Cyber Security Salary Based on Location
The salaries of Cyber Security Engineers vary depending on their location. They are highly sought-after in certain countries and well-compensated.
However, a lower-salaried job is not significantly different from other careers. The following salaries are average for Security Architects working in different cities according to PayScale data:
Bangalore: Rs 2,182,678/year
Chennai: Rs 1,900,000/year
Pune: Rs 2,137,764/year
Mumbai: Rs 2,000,000/year
Hyderabad: Rs 1,600,000/year
Cyber Security Expert Salary in India Based on Job Role
This field has a variety of salaries depending on the job you hold in the company.
- Cyber Security Engineer: The annual salary of a cybersecurity engineer ranges between INR 4 lakhs and INR 8 lakhs.
- Cyber Security Analyst: The annual salary for a cybersecurity analyst is between INR 5 and 6 lakhs.
- Security Architect: The annual salary of a security architect is between INR 17-22 lakhs.
- Cyber Security Manager: The average annual salary for a cybersecurity manager is INR 125,000.
- Ethical Hackers: The annual salary of an ethical hacker ranges between INR 5 lakhs to INR 6 lakhs.
Cyber Security Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the roles and responsibilities of a Network Security Engineer:
- You have to create and configure intrusion detection and firewall systems to ensure security.
- Maintain security-related software and hardware up to date.
- Keep an eye on all aspects of the network.
- Security policies should be established.
- To ensure the security of your email, web protocols, and VPC, install security infrastructure devices.
- Forensic analysis and security testing are essential to detect dangerous situations.
- The organization has security measures to protect its data, systems, and networks. These measures are managed, monitored, updated, and planned.
- To ensure that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected, you must enable the appropriate security controls.
Cyber Security Skills
- You will need a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information tech, systems engineering, and a related field.
- Two years of experience in Cyber Security tasks, such as incident detection and response and forensics.
- Experience with firewalls and other forms of endpoint security, including its operation, maintenance, and functionality.
- C++, Java, and Node are some examples of languages and tools.
- It is important to be up-to-date on the latest cyber security trends and hacker tactics.
Education and Skill Setting
While we all know that higher education is associated with higher salaries, how much can you earn with a degree? To make it easier to compare Network Engineer earnings, we divided them by their education level.
The average monthly income with a Certificate or Diploma in their education is 19,200 INR. A bachelor’s degree is worth 29,100 INR per month, 52 percent more than a diploma candidate. A Master’s degree holder gets 41,200 INR per month, 42 percent more than a Bachelor’s candidate.
Network engineers will need to be able to program, secure, virtualize and manage cloud computing as companies make more investments in SD-WAN, security, and virtualization.
They can move up to the top in network management if they have relevant experience.
The statistics predict that computer network architects’ job prospects will improve by 6% between 2022-2026.
This is approximately average for all occupations. As more organizations seek to expand their IT networks, the demand for their services will rise.
[…] technology is ensuring that users can easily file the required information like backup, updates, security, retrievals, and many more. The integrated database system was introduced in the year 1960 for […]
[…] to develop applications that run on a single computer or that may be distributed across networks of servers and clients. Small application modules can also be developed using […]