Anything free is always something we want to get, that is why Amazon offers their AWS free tier. It provides 12 months of Free Tier account to new users so that they can get hands-on experience with all the AWS cloud services. If you get the amazon free tier account, all the AWS services will be offered free of cost to you for a year with some limitations.
this article is intended to provide all the answers which you might have regarding the AWS free tier account. How to get access, how long does it last, are there any limitations of a free account.
What is the AWS Free Tier?
Amazon Web Services is one of the most emerging platforms offering services (by using all kind of technologies) that meets the need of any type of business. The AWS Free Tier automatically gets activated on each new AWS account. This lets the user explore all the AWS services free of cost up to specified limits for each service.
What are the Types of Free Tier? How long does it last?
There are 3 types of free tiers offered by AWS, which are as follows:-
- Short term trials: These are short-term trials where the customer are free to use the AWS Services for a specified period of time
- 12-Months free: These offer customers to use the AWS services for free up to limited usage for 12 months since the initial sign-up date, aws free tier after 12 months period is expired the customer has to pay standard rates.
- Always free: These offers let all the AWS customers to use AWS services free of cost up to specified limits for a lifetime. It doesn’t expire at the end of the 12-month AWS Free Tier term.
For knowing more about AWS charges or pricing see AWS Pricing.
AWS Free Tier Limits
It’s actually free but there are some limits to it as it is not possible to give unlimited services for free of cost if they do so then the company will surely break down. Some services are free forever with some limitations whereas some are not, you can track your Free Tier usage with the usage alerts. If you exceed the amazon free tier limits, you have to pay the standard or pay-as-you-go service charges.
Does AWS Free Tier require credit card?
Yes, you need to give the payment details such as a credit or debit card to use the Free Tier, so that in case you exceed any usage limits, you can be charged. But if you don’t exceed any limits, you won’t be charged.
Any students, entrepreneurs, or small businesses are eligible to use the free tier AWS.
Can you host a website using the AWS Free Tier?
Yes, you can host a website using it for a year at least.
AWS Account Identifiers
There are 2 types of unique ID that are assigned to each user’s account by AWS.they are as follows:-
- An AWS account ID:- This AWS account ID is a 12-digit number such as 123456780123 used for constructing Amazon Resource Names (ARNs).
- A canonical user ID:- This AWS account ID is a 64-digit hexadecimal encoded with a 256-bit number which is used in an Amazon S3 bucket policy for cross-account resource
How To Create Free Tier Account
Visit the AWS Free Tier webpage & click on Create a free account option.
Provide your mail id that was never registered with Amazon AWS before then type a password and confirm it and give an AWS account name that you can also change after you sign up.
Select your AWS type (Profesional/ Personal), provide other details such as name, address, phone number, state, city, Accept the Terms and conditions and then click Create Account and Continue
Lastly, you have to give the payment details so that after the trial is over they can charge you. After you are done with everything, your AWS Free Tier account will get activated.
After understanding the AWS free tier we can conclude the following points:-
- We don’t get all the AWS services under the AWS Free Tier.
- Some services under Free Tier have usage limits so if the limit exceeds for the particular user then they will be charged at standard rates.
What are the Types of Free Tier?
Short term trials: These are short-term trials where the customer are free to use the AWS Services for a specified period of time
12-Months free: These offer customers to use the AWS services for free up to limited usage for 12 months since the initial sign-up date, AWS free tier after 12 months period is expired the customer has to pay standard rates.
Always free: These offers let all the AWS customers use AWS services free of cost up to specified limits for a lifetime. It doesn’t expire at the end of the 12-month AWS Free Tier term.